Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh, My Pregnant Head

Ok, this time I'll do it. I'll write this blog and I'll keep up with it and maybe I'll even learn to love it. Not that i don't love blogs, because i read quite a few and enjoy them. For some reason, though, I can't seem to get into my own. Who am I writing to? Who is reading my words and actually caring? Maybe that isn't the point. Maybe I should just do it for myself and see what happens.

Currently:
In Traverse City, Michigan. I miss my family, my friends, my city. I would like to settle into my new apartment and start school now. I am done with my soul search or whatever the hell I was doing this summer. 
Eating a grilled peanut butter jelly sandwich and sipping on hot jasmine green tea.
Listening to Fleet Foxes.
Reading poems by Bukowski.

The other day I was suddenly amazed at the concept of a trail. A hiking/walking/bike trail. Humans have such a drive to conquer everything around them, especially nature. We could walk anywhere we want to, yet we set aside a specific place for it. It's funny that people find comfort in this particular trail, this place, where they walk and spend time. When they think of going for a walk this is the place they think of. It becomes habitual like everything else and we stop exploring all the other places we could be walking. Reading too much into it?

By the way, there is a distinct difference between fruit punch and fruit juice, isn't there? I asked my friend what his favorite juice is and he replied with fruit punch. Jose. You can't squeeze anything and whatever comes out is the punch, you have to add a ton of sugar and what not for it to be a punch. Punch uses fruit juice but that doesn't make it a juice. It is a mixed drink. While juice is....well, juice.

No comments: