Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have Mercy, Loretta!

Finally! Another post!

I think I might have a direction for this blog, at last, at last.

I've been baking quite a bit lately and I'd like to review the recipes. I'm not great at writing about anything else mostly because I'm cynical as sin. Write about what you know, right? Sure. I know baking enough to where I can comment on recipes and give hints and hype myself up for culinary school next year. (which I've definitely settled on. I'm telling my family that I'm still considering DAAP but that's just for peace sake.)

What I've baked this holiday season thus far:
Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies
Bad Reputation Blondies
Chocolate Oatmeal Drops (so easy and DANK)
Brownies

I have been a real scrooge this season. I've recently become obsessed with recognizing how mindless society is because of corporate America and the government (which go hand in hand). I keep seeing correlations between the Christmas holiday and their control over us. It's incredible how petty it all seems to be but this is when everyone is the most stressed. People get themselves in tizzies over trees, lights, parties, cards, gifts, and traditions. I hate Christmas lights. I hate Christmas cards. I hate Christmas music. I'd much rather celebrate making it through another year by just being around the people I love without having to think about all those disposable things. We do the same thing every single year and for what reason? To celebrate a nonexistent god that strikes fear in the majority of America with pagan-rooted traditions? It's not that I like being all humbug and whatnot...I just don't agree with this nutty glorification. Why is Christmas the only holiday with music specifically for it? Because this is the one where we are made to spend the most money so they must glamorize it as much as possible. Bugger.

My dad also becomes his worst around this time. Maybe those are just the Daddy issues talking.

Currently:
Listening to The Roots: Do You Want More?!!!??!
Reading Fruits- a look at bizarre Japanese street style
Making French Toast and Coffee for John before he heads to work
Cuddling with my kitteh and smothering his majesty with unbearable hugs and kisses
Watched An Unreasonable Man last night: Nader is a pretty cool dude.
Applied for my Montana summer job yesterday! Awaiting that call.


No comments: