Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tim, I Wish You Were Born a Girl

A few things you'll find in my notebook:

1947. 273 Female Servant of Offering Bearer
Middle Kingdom, late Dynasty 11 or early Dynasty 12
2050-1900 B.C., wood with painted decoration

"on the patio."

a drawing of a mermaid.

To Do:
read for English and blog
philosophy paper
philosophy online quiz
Design & print

Brainstorming for Philosophy paper:
The Treasure of Sierra Madre
Nature of Man
Howard, Fred Dobbs, Curtin

Brainstorming for PostSecret:
I can't believe I missed out on that threesome!
I miss making out with girls.
I know he'll leave. This is my preparation.

Themes:
mustache- party, self adhesive, Mark and analyzation, silhouette, Kara Walker, becoming my father
potato- tattoo, carving

November 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
Dear Jasper,
I am writing things I've been thinking but cannot say to anyone.
We've been here before, we'll be here again. I know what we should be but it is unlike the lifestyle we both lead. We are both travelers with opposing paths. I could handle it because my trust in him is unbearable. I have never written this way before because I've never felt this before. And so young. We found each other early. I am not fond of the concept of fate but how can it be so otherwise? How did all of this just fall in my lap? Had I never dated JR I would not have transferred to UC. Had I not transferred I would have never met Jake. I wouldn't have met Lauren. We'd never get the apartment. What if we'd signed the lease the first day and ended up on the first floor? It would never be leased to someone else in that 24 hours and we would have never seen Loft D. And I would have never met John. Then what if I never posted on craigslist? What if Miles went away like he planned and never told me about John? What if I had never decided on contacting him again?
And what, then, when he leaves?
I will have to let him go as I'd want him to let me if I were the one leaving.

This week: Tues 6:30-10:30, Thurs 7:30-10:30

"I'll play a tune for thee and you'll do the same for me. Let's be the needle on each other's vinyl, the laser on our hard discs."

"within 20 seconds she tore up that corner, throwing around the wooden and metal stools like, 'Gotta get this pwrpnt going NOW!' she even threw her scarf over her shoulder 'defiantly' as if she meant business."

Brainstorming for Unhealthy Obsession project:
-illegal music downloading
-coffee
-baking
-collecting for collage
-bruises
-scribbling/doodling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your writings, please don't stop.