Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Everything You Own in a Box to the Left

Fun Times with the BFFF in Chicago:




Oh sheesh, what a week. And it is only humpday for pete's sake. Did anyone see that movie, btw? Very funny, great dialogue, but terrible ending.

After returning from Chicago I spent some time with my cousin, Andrea, and friend, Brittany. We watched and were appalled by the VMAs. It was nice catching up with Andrea. She's always so easy to talk to because my eccentricity doesn't surprise her anymore. Brittany, while she has come a long way from last year, is unbearably judgmental. I find myself leaving out many details when I explain things to her. It doesn't help that I completely disagree with her lifestyle as well. I see her settling and it turns my stomach. We are very different people that need to find a way to be supportive friends no matter what we choose to do with our lives. I mean, you know, unless we become addicted to cocaine or something.

the boy issue I was having previously has been solved. ish.
I ended up breaking it off completely. I realized I'm still not ready to be with anyone. I have a great deal left to explore. Plus, the school year is beginning and my schedule isn't going to allow me to pay much attention to anything other than school and work. He was heartbroken and continues to send me sullen texts but it's nothing I can't handle.

JR picked up his TV today. Before I met up with him I stood in front of the mirror, smiled, and said, "You look good." Then I said the very same thing to him after we hugged each other. I could tell from his texts he wanted it to be bittersweet. But I didn't allow it. I made him laugh and left us on a good note. That's all i want for him. I see him settling as well...in a miserable way. But I know that he is the type of person who will find happiness in nearly any situation thrown his way.

I did yoga in my empty living room last night.
I've been plugging my tub with a loofa during baths.
I haven't a single dollar in my bank account as I wait for the refund check to arrive.
Despite it all I haven't been this happy in a while. I said hello to everyone I passed on the sidewalk today.

Currently:
Sitting on two pillows in the center of the living room. Still no couch, just hardwood floors.
-Only place I get full internet service.
Listening to People on American Water by Silver Jews
Looking through newspaper Kroger coupons

No comments: