Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Parades Go By

Started back at work this evening. Nothing has changed there. I still walk home smelling like bulgogi and humming bad Korean pop music to myself.

Classes begin tomorrow and I am on the fence. Part of me is anticipating this busy quarter ahead because the busier I am the more productive I become. Part of me is also sad to bid farewell to this lovely summer. Autumn is my favorite season, though, I find comfort in the suddenly crisp air, the vibrant apples and colors.

It has been a fantastic week reuniting with my friends. The best was Lauren finally moving in. We have decided against a couch. Minimalism is in, right? She's bringing in a big rectangular rug for the floor and we're purchasing a respectable pillow collection to throw around the long white coffee table. It'll be like the inside of a genie's lamp. A pillow palace.

I don't know what to do with boys lately. Each and every single boy in my life has been irking me in ways I've never known before. While my own gender is still a new, mysterious place I am in the process of discovering, the opposite sex will never cease to flabbergast me on a day to day basis. Here is a list of things not to do:

1. Do not pull the pity card. My pity will not make me like you more. In fact, it will make me feel the painstaking opposite. I will not like you. I will think you are pathetic.

2. Do not text me at 3 AM and expect a response with more than one word. I am sleeping, why aren't you?

3. Do not stalk me. I've always considered this a given but apparently some boys never got the memo. If I tell you I have work every night this week it means I am busy and do not have the time to worry about you. Let me get to the weekend and then we can discuss meeting up. This does NOT mean show up to my workplace every night and awkwardly wait for me to pay attention to you.

4. Do not buy me quirky gifts in hopes that this will miraculously make me see that we are clearly soulmates.

5. Do not act so impressed when I catch an obscure reference. 500 Days of Summer has fucked with your poor soul. There are many attractive girls who enjoy the Smiths. This is not a phenomenon. It does not make me perfect nor unique.

6. Do not make me feel bad for choosing a party or a girl's night over you. And then proceed to call me 3 times and text me 20 times throughout the night.

7. Don't call or text me drunk. I do not think it is funny or cute.

8. Listen to me when I speak. But don't pretend like you care when you don't. I don't expect you to care about every thing that comes out of my mouth. I am not interesting enough to talk for 3 hours a night. Not much happened today. And you are not interesting enough either. I don't care very much about what kind of bagel you had for breakfast. Don't rush to the complacent stage. And try to take a hint when I tell you I'm tired.

9. Stop apologizing.

10. Do not tell me you love me. Please, for all that is still good in the world, please do not say those words to me. I won't say them back.

There are more things I could suggest but I feel like it's getting heated in here.

Currently:
Re-reading Pretty Little Mistakes
Trying to register for one more course
Re-watching Home Movies on Youtube
Listening to Actor by St. Vincent

No comments: