Sunday, September 6, 2009

Your New [Full] Sized Bed

Back in Cincinnati!
Yesterday I spent most of my time hauling boxes of my junk up and down 4 flights of stairs. Needless to say my legs are killing me. Also spent a few hours in the dreaded IKEA. The family seemed dead set on getting me a bed from there. Aunt Joan had never been so we let her run wild. American consumerism never ceases to amaze me. Every pregnant woman from Cincinnati had to be there buying their child the same goddamned crib. Now, i have the same goddamned bed and mattress. It makes me a bit ill.

Opened up the mailbox and found the last tenant's TIME magazine. Jay Leno is on the cover. I prefer Letterman.

Nearly knocked my mother over when she arrived to pick me up.

It's lovely being home. Even though space is cramped here I love sleeping with all the old quilts and watching crime TV with mom. Monday I will go back downtown. Tuesday i will meet Mark, the current love interest whom I only know over phone and facebook. Funny how technology allows for relationships like that these days. I used to mock it but how is it any different from meeting someone in a bar? For some reason I feel as though bar-born relationships are abysmal. I also trust myself enough to meet publicly for that very small chance that he is a forty year old balding man from Kansas.

Currently:
Sitting on the patio in my plaid jammies, enjoying the Cincinnati warmth.
Listening to Bob Dylan, Together Through Life
Waiting for my glorious, highly anticipated trip to Skyline Chili.

1 comment:

Katydid said...

Yay for a really really real blog! And I think the reason I like My Morning Jacket so much has something to do with how much I like Jim James and his beautiful beard.