Monday, September 28, 2009

Let's Build a Fire

So this is the new year.

I feel very different.

I walk down the fire escape and through the back alley to the laundry room in Tudor Court's basement. Four washers and four dryers for the lot of us. I wait.

I eat a banana. I eat a cinnamon raisin english muffin with peanut butter. I drink a glass of water.

I write a short essay about being a "bread-winning woman." I put Bob Dylan on the turntable. I borrowed Bob from Adam, next door. Adam is such a nice guy.

Jake and Henrie come over and we smoke a bowl. Lauren drinks her PBR from a hand-knitted cozy that has a purse strap to hang around her neck. She is cute. She is fun. She is perfect.

We head out to Highlands. The fall evening is chilly. I think about my laundry and my short essay and Kara Walker.

Classes went swimmingly. Mostly art courses. My art history professor thinks lesbians are "just weird." Great. My English teacher has an overwhelming energy about him that I enjoy. Philosophy Through Movies should be simple and fun. I like that it uses the word 'Movies' rather than 'Film'. As if to say, "this is not film school. We will not give you the pleasure of sounding like you are taking some profound class when you are actually taking the easiest philosophy class offered for the required credit."

Mom watches reruns of Roseanne. They got a new puppy named Lucy who looks identical to our last dog, Snoopy. It is eerie. My mother talks about how she thinks Lucy is a reincarnation of Snoopy. That Snoopy sent Lucy. Damn Hippy.

Brittany called Tyler yesterday and scolded him for hanging out with me so much. I would like to be a closer friend to Tyler but those seem like dangerous waters. I don't want to give Brittany any real reasons to be upset with me. Her issues right now are spun from thin air. I like it that way. I wish she would embrace reality sometime, though. Reality can be a good friend.

Dinner with Nanoo this evening. I will dress nice.

Currently:
Reading Chekhov
Listening to Jesus Loves Me by CocoRosie
Waiting for the mail


2 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Totally off topic here...I have a question for ya...any chance you'd email me?

Slug said...

Everyone seems to be doing this blog thing these days. It's interesting at least.

It's Jereme by the way, from Japanese when you were a senior. Haha.