Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When Girls Get Together or She Believes in Love Again

Currently:
In TUC (main building on campus) passing time before Phil Thru Movies Class
Reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Listening to CocoRosie
Contemplating Utilitarianism

I have been procrastinating at an unacceptable rate these days. Living with Lauren is fantastic but I spend a lot of time sprawled out on our array of floor cushions ranting and bantering. I also smoke much more weed. Instead of doing my short blog entries for English I end up watching the tree outside our living room window (recently stripped to an anorexic size by the bastards of Gaslight Properties) sway in the wind and sunshine while I listen to Tears for Fears or...Tracy Chapman. I get distracted rather easily and when I finally do hunker down in a circle of books I find it unbearably difficult to focus. WHAT is WRONG with me?

John and I have also become "facebook official." I think what I like about him most is that he DOESN'T call me everyday. While we have become attached at a rapid pace we do not act on the attachment. We are taking it slow and I love it. It feels natural and what's even more cliche: it feels special. I have never had such a strong personal chemistry with another person.

Am I revealing too much?

Jake and Henry have become very close too. They visit a few times a week and I go to them when I've got an issue. I haven't had friends like this in a while, except for Kate. I think last year I relied solely on Kate and JR, which turned unfortunate. Kate can't always answer the phone and JR started using my dependency against me. I needed someone within a 30 mile radius who I had no sexual tension towards. 

Lauren and I have received nicknames: Elaine and Scooter. Her close friend from Montana, Curt, visited last night and by the time we all crashed Elaine and Scooter had been born. Scooter is a frail man with a thick mustache and sideburns, often sporting a trucker hat. He is romantically in love with Elaine but sexually lusts after Jake and Henry. 

Curt also suggested I hit the road west with Lauren this upcoming summer. Funny, a few weeks into the quarter and I'm already considering summer. I think it is a grand idea. Leaving the city and being a simpleton in middle of nowhere, beautiful Montana? Absolutely. Where can I sign up?

ah well. Enough about me. How are you?


No comments: