Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hometown Fantasy

I would just like to recount my evening with John last night:

I was baking cookies when he knocked. I let him in. He apologized for going to the bar with Adam (my good friend next door) before coming over after work like he said he would.
I said, "First off, no where in our conversation did it say you must immediately come to me after work. So don't worry about that. In fact, I'm glad you went and had some good Adam time because he's been needing it lately."
"Ok, good. I'll stop apologizing so much."
"I told Kate today that I love that you don't call me everyday or tell what you're doing every second or have to know what I'm doing every second."
"Well, we have separate lives. It's a partnership, not an interdependency."
I swoon. I kissed him.

Afterwards we laid around on the floor cushions with my iTunes on shuffle.
He said, "It's really awesome just listening to what comes up on your iTunes. You listen to such great music. Music I haven't even heard of! That never happens. You're a pretty hip lady."
I kiss him.

We put on our shoes, take half the cookies to Adam's, then venture out into the rainy, wet streets of Clifton. I told him I had a surprise. We walked to the park on Ohio street that overlooks the city. He had been there before but NOT to the Clifton cliff. Unfortunately, those rat bastard police put a huge NO TRESPASSING sign over the hole in the fence. So we hopped it. Me in a skirt too, how lady like. When he saw it, he responded to it them same way I did when Jake took me to it the night I left JR.
"oh wow! This must be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!"
We sat down on my scarf which was futile. We ended up on our backs kissing in the mud, rain pouring on us. The entire city as a backdrop. Cold and wet. We enjoyed the fuck out of it.

Eventually we were both shivering uncontrollably and decided to walk back. We huddled close under the umbrella to keep ourselves warm. On the way some Frat was giving out free pancakes. We each had a couple and moved on.

When we got back we peeled off all of our wet clothing. Both of us drenched. We snuggled into bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

oh boy, I am one HOPELESS romantic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! :-)